Friday 11 September 2009

Whilst writing this blog I lost one glass of milk and found three.

Here are 5 of my favourites this month.


  1. Alexander Wang. This guy is 25, he had a cashmere sweater range out while he was still at university AND he interned at teen Vogue. He is ah-ma-zing. I love the way you can really see how his idea's have evolved throughout his collections. I think my favourite pieces from his A/W 09 collection have to be his handbags, particularly the vest bag, his biker style lace up boots and his androgynous 'boyfriend' shirts which have made me really regret turning my dad's white shirt into a mood board. He's also created some pretty cool thermal adult baby grows, by pretty cool I actually mean, I really need to own one of these and I'm not sure how I'm going to get through winter without one.




  1. Viktoria Modesta is a pin up, photographer and musician. I discovered Modesta fairly recently in Bizarre magazine and I LOVE her. Her music is alright. I mean I don't think it's amazing to be honest, it's not really my cup of tea but she has a pretty nice voice. Her photography work is also pretty impressive. She looks at lots of different styles and aspects of photography which means her work isn't just a repetition of itself BUT to be honest I'm more fascinated with the way she looks, she's just cool man. I mean, she's an amputee and she's been a bizarre cover girl twice, TWICE! I'm not suggesting in any way that if you are an amputee then any dreams of modelling should be cast aside, that would be harsh, but that's impressive as far as I'm concerned. She's a total babe.




  1. Lily Allen. Yeah so she sleeps with people old enough to be her dad, has a tattoo that contradicts itself completely and apparently finds crack a bit more-ish but whatever I think she's cool. She just really doesn't seem to give a shit. Anyone who is featured in a collectors edition of Elle (FYI it was the London issue) AND has clothes specially designed for a shoot by Luella, Burberry and Giles to name a few, is a total winner in my books. I don' t care if you think Lily Allen is a turd because I think she's the bee's knees so bite me.




  1. T-shirts. I've always had a bit of a vendetta against t-shirts. Being tall I can never get them long enough, you can pretty much always see my bra though them and they tend to cling to the wrong places. Up until recently I've been the one-who-only-wears-floral-really-and-looks-a-bit-like-your-gran girl, mainly due to only ever really shopping in charity shops (I have a bit of a fear of high street shops, I've worked in way too many and find them very intimidating) which are full of old ladies clothes. Just alately however there are some GOOD t-shirts about. My favourite are probably the american apparel one's because the fabric is a dream however I've even seen some in all saints and topshop with proper quirky designs that I really like, and I really don't like All Saints so that's saying something. Long live the T-shirt!





  1. LOVE magazine. I was a bit apprehensive about buying LOVE because, well, it has a pretty crap name, also Beth Ditto was on the front cover and she irritates me! Because of this I avoided the first issue like the plague. Yesterday however, I decided I had been too harsh in judging said magazine without even letting my eyes dance across it's delicious glossy pages (I'm infatuated with magazines) so I popped into WHSmiths and bought it, and it's really fantastic! Its more of a style guideline and more about people than a lot of glossies and it's really interesting to read, the writing style and photography is cute too. Sadly it's only published twice a year! Typical.




And to end my first blog on a negative note, here is one thing that I really do not like this month: Jordan AKA Katie Price. Will you just LEAVE please? Get off my television, get off my new stand, get off my radio and read a frigging book. Moron.



1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. I do like Katie Price though, well I don't like her but I'm obsessed with her. She has a new boyfriend now, she's not going out with rubbish cage fighter anymore.......just in case you were interested ;)
    Write more blogs please.

    ReplyDelete