Tuesday 6 October 2009

Rodarte

Kate and Laura Muleavy of Rodarte are nothing short of being geniuses. Their innovative knitwear collections are so so amazing! Inspired by horror films the sisters use a range of materials, but mainly dyed wools, to create their pieces.
Their new collection, which is 'the story of a girl who transforms into a vulture' uses materials such as burnt cheesecloth, plaid, lace, sandpapered silk and cobwebbed style wool to create pieces that look like armour.
Their S/S10 show had a definite warrior princess style vibe with tribal arm markings, dry ice and metal music, really eerie actually! I think its possibly my favourite S/S10 show that I've seen so far (although Marc Jacobs new collection is pretty special).
My favourite pieces ever are the knitted tights (I'm going to make some when I have some time on my hands because I need these in my life) and the loose knit mohair sweaters which always remind me of the sweater worn by Kurt Cobain for MTV unplugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment