So, I'm currently working on a highstreet project in which I have to choose a trend (La Parisienne) and do some designs based on my trend after putting together a research sketchbook. For my project i've been looking at insects, lovely little insects. Here are some interesting insect facts I have learnt.
- The longest insect is the walking stick insect which can reach 33cm
- When the ant queen dies, so does the entire colony because there are no new workers
- The dragonfly can fly up to 50 miles per hour
- Mosquitoes prefer children over adults
- A flea can jump 130 times its own height
- Honey bees have hair on their eyes
- Ants have a better sense of smell than dogs
- If you swap the C and the S in insect it spells incest
Aren't insects good?! I think if I were an insect i'd be an ant, I reckon i'd be a good ant.