Wednesday 17 March 2010

No frills fashion

A couple of weeks ago now I went to watch no frills. For me, no frills conjures up the memory of Kwik Save own brand crisps that I had to take to junior school, I hated them, everyone else had wotsits and disco crisps, embarassing! 


You will probably be pleased to hear that i'm not talking about the discount brand but infact a fashion show, which is far more exciting that bad crisps. The whole night was set up by students at the university of Huddersfield and Bag it up (a local recyling company) and was a lot better than I expected. There was a magician and dancers and all the collections were made out of recycled garments. My date for this magical evening was the fabulous Kira.

The themes for collections were classical, rock, African, Latin, street and Bollywood, all designed and made by Huddersfield based designers. Overall I was impressed, I was expecting the whole thing to be a reworked t-shirt and leggings affair but there were actually a lot of really well made and imaginative garments, here are some of my favourites from the show...









Afterwards I sneaked backstage (two of my friends modelled) here are some rail pictures.


That night made me really happy, I love seeing people in Huddersfield produce something so amazing, it's always nice to see new talent since the fashion scene in Huddersfield is relatively small.

All catwalk pictures taken by Kano

1 comment:

  1. I was also suitably impressed. It was good to be in something which wouldn't have looked out of place in a major city

    ReplyDelete