Saturday 9 October 2010

Fashion BA

This week I started my degree in Fashion Design at Middlesex University,  I'm so excited to do some creative work, I haven't done anything particularly strenuous for months.

One of my first tasks was a sort of scavenger hunt with clues and addresses to find places useful for my course, it was such a good day, I found some really interesting places down the back alleys of Central London, in Huddersfield the only interesting thing you find down back alleys is a dead rat or a dodgy take-away, the rat usually because of the latter. Here are some pictures from my scavenger hunt.

Breakfast at Leons



 VV Rouleaux - The most amazing ribbons and trimmings shop I've ever seen, felt like a cat with a ball of string leafing through all of this.



Then we went to Browns


I got sucked into here



where I fell in love with these



Then got too excited to had to have a quick pit stop


After which we went to a seemingly tiny shop called MacCulloch & Wallace LTD which was surprisingly big inside, crammed with sewing stuff spread out over three floors. There's a really jolly man working there too, he sold me a notcher, I liked him a lot.







I went in Liberty for the first time in my life (I know, I know! But I've been on the website before, ok?!) and it's so beautiful, the shop itself has so many quirky little features and bits and bobs, I had to force myself to leave though, backing away from twenty 8 twelve or my loan would have been gone in a heartbeat.




Finally we went to a shop called R.D. Franks which has made me finally get over borders closing down, They'll even be stocking Lula! I managed to spend a mere £11 just picking up Volt and The Gentlewoman (for now)


Today I got out a few books for my project and probably lost my deposit by doing this on my carpet:


But more on that another time.


1 comment:

  1. These pics are so much fun, very inspirational!! Now following you on bloglovin'

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete