Wednesday 19 May 2010

Space (cont...)

For my space project (see below, hey down there!) I made a spacey dress. The material is unbleached muslin that I soaked in black ink and then rinsed, then I rubbed in different hues of purple, magenta, green and blue. The shoulder detail is stuffed soda bags and a shiny jersey material and the bottom of the dress contains a rubber ring. 
My model is are Kira, she was an absolute star and we had so much fun! I wanted the shoot to have kind of a kid playing space dress up vibe and I'm pretty pleased with the results. 









Edit: on some screens these pictures are coming out too blue and over exposed, the dress itself has lots of purpley magenta tones as well as blues, once again technology has turned against me, shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment