Monday 19 July 2010

Bowery was a terrifying man

My mate Kira is convinced I'm scared of no one, that's completely untrue. I never met Leigh Bowery but I'm completely intimidated and slightly terrified of him despite the fact I find him so interesting AND the fact he's dead. Bowery is a fashion designer/club promoter/performer/singer/artist/super hero who is often controversial and ALWAYS outrageous. On viewing him it's no surprise that he has been a source of inspiration for both Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood as well as Scissor Sisters and John Galliano. 
I'd say I'd have love to have met Bowery but like I said I do feel he would reduce me to a blubbering wreck with one false move. 
Here are some examples of what to expect from the man I fear I will find under my bed.




















Oh, if you've ever seen this episode of spaced, where David Walliams plays a performer called Vulva, well I'm sure you can see the similarities...





No comments:

Post a Comment